CSA LIMITED SHARE RELAUNCH
Due to COVID-19 — we will only be offering delivery or pick up.
Free Weekend Delivery is included in CSA price.
note: if you are interested in setting up a payment plan: we offer a couple options and would love to work something out. Just email me (Maria) @ email@example.com
Our Main Season CSA spans 20 weeks, as a member you will receive a box every week*:
July 4th - November 14th 2020
It features seasonal heirloom produce and herbs. We will do our best to offer a diverse variety of around 8-12 vegetables that may include:
- Greens (Spinach, Kale, Etc.)
- Fresh or Sun-Dried Herbs
- Root Vegetables (Radish, Carrot, Beet, etc.)
- Fruit Vegetables (Tomato, Squash, Pepper, etc.)
- + *if available* Fresh-Cut Flowers
Our Flexitarian option also includes your choice of:
- 1 dozen chicken eggs OR
- 1/2 dozen duck eggs
*subject to poor weather, disease & pest* we will send our membership agreement for you to sign after purchase
Main Season csa
Instead of going to the grocery store or shopping at a market. You receive a portion of the farm's harvest - investing in your local farming community, learning about how we care for the land + understanding how your food is grown.
We will provide support and education on eating seasonally and our favorite ways to use our produce. We hope to offer on-farm visits later in the year. Thank you so much for your interest in our CSA program - it truly means the world to be able to connect our community to the land.
How long is our CSA?
July 4th - November 14th
Pick Up + Delivery
Our Standards + Practices
What We Grow
Our Shared Commitments
Only after filling our CSA shares with the week’s harvest is the remainder sold to our other markets.
When production of our CSA-only crops are especially abundant, we pack as much as possible into your share.
However, we don’t want to overwhelm our members or deliver so much produce that it goes to waste.
When we feel that members have received enough of certain crops, we handle the surplus by offering it on our weekly availability to our wholesale buyers. T
his allows us to select a consistently full and diverse share for our CSA members while avoiding over-delivering any one product.
During peak season, we will occasionally also offer special CSA member bulk discounts on additional produce. We make announcements about these CSA-only specials through our weekly emails.
Risk of Crop Failure
In the unlikely event of a crop failure, our procedures are as follows:
• If only a small portion of crops fail, we will compensate for the failed crops by filling your share with other crops grown on the farm that are ready for harvest at that time. We may cover for a crop loss by buying in from other local organic farmers, although this may not be a feasible option for all crops because of cost or widespread failure.
• If a large portion of crops fail (due to severe drought, flood, hail or other extreme weather conditions), we may not be able to deliver any product in some weeks and will communicate this to members as soon as possible via email. In the case that we cancel a weekly share, we will do our best to make up for that missed box at the end of the season by adding on an extra week to the season. We reserve this option as an absolute last resort.
We will try our best to communicate openly and clearly with our membership during challenging times. Although not every year varies considerably, your box will reflect the growing conditions of the season. We take proactive steps (pest control, irrigation measures, risk management) to ensure that we deliver a quality share each week, but we want to lay out clear expectations of both parties (us as farmers, you as members) in regards to the uncertainties of farming.
Option 2. You can tell us if you need to cancel your box for a week at any time. At your request, we are happy to deliver your box to a food pantry or friend in need if that is your preference for the missed week.
Option 3. You can arrange to have a friend or neighbor pick up and receive your box during the missed week. Please share thorough pick-up instructions with them. Also let us know at least a week in advance who will be picking up your box during your vacation along with their cell phone number so we can be in touch if pick-up does not go smoothly.